Information We Collect
Depending on your use of the Site, we collect different kinds of information (collectively, the “Information”) from or about you.
LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC gathers personally identifiable data when voluntarily submitted by a user, which may include: name, addresses, zip codes, e-mail addresses, donor choice information, etc. (“Personal Information”). For example, personally identifiable information may be collected in order to record a stated desire to donate online to LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC via a direct gift or through a company sponsored campaign. This information is used solely by LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC or other parties to the transaction for the purpose of executing the transaction, to improve your experience with us, and for the internal business purposes of LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC.
Things You Do and Information You Provide
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Site, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as story data, the location of a photo, or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
We may also collect additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via polls or surveys), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
Things Others Do and the Information They Provide
We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Site, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from a device.
Information from “Cookie” Technology
Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Information and to enhance your experience using the Site. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
We also receive the IP (Internet Protocol) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your internet service provider (ISP). We may use this information to analyze overall trends to help us improve our services, but we do not generally link this information to personally identifiable information in any way.
If you use our Site for purchases or financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Site, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
• Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
• Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from Websites and Apps that Use Our Services
We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Site. This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Site on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Information from Third-Party Partners
We receive information about you and your activities on and off LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
How We Use and Share the Information
We are the sole owners of the information collected. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than affiliates, contractors, advisors, service providers or in our reasonable discretion to investigate or prevent fraud, illegal activity or misuse of our web site.
We use the Information to provide our services; to process orders; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Site and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
Periodically, LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC will send electronic communications in newsletter format or another format to our users and/or constituents. Typically, these communications include information regarding news and events, as well as other pertinent information we feel should be reported. Recipients retain the option to opt-out of these communications at any point in time.
If you sign up to receive news and information from us via our web site, you are electing to receive e-mail communication from us. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about our programs and other areas on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide additional preference information.
The information which LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC automatically gathers, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its areas, is used only in the aggregate very much like television ratings that tell the networks how many people tuned in to a program. This collective data helps us determine how much our visitors use parts of the site, so that we can continuously improve our site. We also may provide aggregated statistical "ratings" information, never information about you personally, to our partners about how our visitors, collectively use our web site.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below:
• LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your orders and provide support to you.
• In order to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programs, we may share the Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
• With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We may use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We may also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
• We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
• In an ongoing effort to better understand our visitors, users, customers, and our products and services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
• We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
• As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
• To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or
advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC or others.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
How We Protect the Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You are given the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personally identifiable data used for communication purposes. To access your data, you can do the following at any time:
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• "Opt-out" of having your personally identifiable data used for communication purposes.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If at any time you would like to update, correct or delete your information, you can simply contact us directly to change your information. You may also select to opt-out to receive any future communications from us on any of our e-mail communications, registration or pledge forms or by contacting us directly using the contact information provided at the bottom of this page.
This web site contains links to other web sites. These web sites that you may link to from our site, including our partners' web sites, have their own privacy policies. LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites or affiliate. We encourage you to review
the privacy policies of web sites or affiliate agencies before providing them with any of your personally identifiable data.
We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online for reasonable foreseeable risk. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that communication between you and us and us and you will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA COMMUNICATIONS, OR THAT THIRD PARTIES WILL NOT GAIN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER(S) OR ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS. YOU AGREE THAT LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH ACCESS.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this website, you acknowledge that when responding to an opportunity that is sponsored by LASH OF ELEGANCE LLC or one of its community partners, your registration information will be shared with its community partner for the purposes of facilitating and coordinate the volunteer placement and for the purpose of reporting volunteer impact data back to the community.
February 1, 2019